To our valued stockholders and friends,
Thank you for your patience and diligence as we have worked together to help prevent the spread of Covid-19. As previously communicated, High Plains Farm Credit implemented a phased Reopen Plan (Plan) in accordance with national, state and county guidelines. We are moving to Phase Three of our Plan on June 1, which includes the announcement of our lobbies and outpost offices re-opening. We encourage you to remain at home if you are feeling sick or do not feel comfortable leaving your home. High Plains Farm Credit continues to maintain multiple service delivery channels (telephone support, Online Banking or on-farm appointments) to meet your financial needs.
How We Are Reopening
- Our lobbies reopened on May 26. We will continue to follow Kansas Department of Health and Environment guidelines by utilizing a simple questionnaire to insure all parties have avoided areas of high risk or have not experienced pandemic symptoms. For a short period of time, we will also take temperatures of employees and customers to supplement the questionnaire.
- Hand sanitizer is available at all the offices. We are also cleaning the counter and meeting areas after each branch visitor.
- Staff is being encouraged to practice social distancing until we phase out of our Plan.
- Depending on county restrictions, our outpost offices will reopen by the week of June 8. We will monitor and abide by each county’s plan and each outpost office location’s requirements.
- We will continue to utilize the questionnaire mentioned above for on-farm visits until we phase out of our Plan.
Have A Steak On Us
We were extremely disappointed when we cancelled our Stockholder Appreciation Events. We always enjoy sharing a meal and fellowship with our stockholders. The good news is: the steaks were ready, so we froze them in packages of two to distribute to you. If you haven’t already done so, please stop by your local branch office and pick up some steaks to throw on your grill this summer.
Director and Nominating Committee Elections
The 2020 ballot was approved at the Annual Meeting and will be mailed next week. We are partnering with Survey Ballot Systems which creates an opportunity for you to participate in the election by mailing in your ballot or submitting an online electronic ballot via your computer, tablet or cell phone. High Plains Farm Credit will donate $5.00 to the Kansas 4-H Foundation for each valid ballot received prior to the 2020 election deadline. We encourage you to take this opportunity to vote, so please be on the lookout for a BALLOT ENCLOSED envelope in the mail next week!
High Plains Farm Credit is committed to work with all stockholders to support agriculture and the rural communities we serve. We appreciate your business and will continually strive to earn your business in the future. As always, please contact your local branch office if you have any questions or need additional assistance.
President and Chief Executive Officer