Farming is a stressful job—even in good times. Rural communities face challenges like isolation, lack of mental health professionals and perceived stigma around seeking help for mental health concerns. Additionally, farmers, ranchers and rural community members need appropriate resources to help manage their own stress and support their friends and neighbors. As part of our mission to support rural communities and agriculture, we are excited to announce the availability of a free online farm stress training program for farmers, ranchers and rural residents, funded by Farm Credit.
Accessing the Training
This Rural Resilience online course is free and open to the public, and we encourage you to share it widely with anyone who may be interested. Furthermore, the program will help participants develop the skills to:
- Understand sources of stress
- Learn the warning signs of stress and suicide
- Identify effective communication strategies
- Reduce the stigma related to mental health concerns and
- Connect farmers and ranchers with appropriate mental health and other resources.
Click the button below to register for the Rural Resilience farm stress training today.