We are owned by our customer-stockholders and more than anyone else we understand the risk management benefits of the right crop insurance plan. Crop insurance helps producers manage their risk due to unforeseen weather, low yields, low prices or a combination of all three. High Plains Farm Credit has a comprehensive offering of agricultural insurance products, experience and in-depth knowledge to help you manage your risk.
- Crop Hail Coverage – Crop hail coverage protects against damage due to hail, fire and lightning. It also protects from damage occurring during transit.
- Yield Protection/Actual Production History Plan – The Yield Protection (YP) and Actual Production History (APH) policies insure producers against yield losses due to natural causes such as drought, excessive moisture, damage from wildlife, hail, wind, frost, insects, and disease. It guarantees a level of income in case of disaster and a minimum yield so you can market more comfortably.
- Revenue Protection Plan – The Revenue Protection (RP) plan gives you all the coverage of YP and APH, plus protection against loss of revenue caused by yield and/or market fluctuations. It allows you to “lock in” your revenue at a pre-determined price.
- Area Risk Protection Insurance – The Area Risk Protection Insurance (ARPI) plan is a county-based insurance policy. ARPI provides protection against widespread loss of yield, revenue or a combination of both in a county. Individual farm yield performance and revenue are not considered under ARPI.
- Pasture, Rangeland and Forage – Pasture, Rangeland and Forage (PRF) crop coverage is available for farmers and ranchers who rely on pasture, rangeland, or forage acreage for haying or grazing to feed their livestock.
We work for you! Your best interest is our only focus. Unlike other insurance providers, our licensed agents focus only on crop insurance. Our team is familiar with the diverse crops grown in Kansas to help you choose a crop insurance plan that is right for you.