We are owned by our customer-stockholders and more than anyone else we understand the risk management benefits of the right crop insurance plan. Crop insurance helps producers manage their risk due to unforeseen weather, low yields, low prices or a combination of all three. High Plains Farm Credit has a comprehensive offering of agricultural insurance products, experience and in-depth knowledge to help you manage your risk.
- Crop Hail Coverage – Crop hail coverage protects against damage due to hail, fire and lightning. It also protects from damage occurring during transit.
- Yield Protection/Actual Production History Plan – The Yield Protection (YP) and Actual Production History (APH) policies insure producers against yield losses due to natural causes such as drought, excessive moisture, damage from wildlife, hail, wind, frost, insects, and disease. It guarantees a level of income in case of disaster and a minimum yield so you can market more comfortably.
- Revenue Protection Plan – The Revenue Protection (RP) plan gives you all the coverage of YP and APH, plus protection against loss of revenue caused by yield and/or market fluctuations. It allows you to “lock in” your revenue at a pre-determined price.
- Area Risk Protection Insurance – The Area Risk Protection Insurance (ARPI) plan is a county-based insurance policy. ARPI provides protection against widespread loss of yield, revenue or a combination of both in a county. Individual farm yield performance and revenue are not considered under ARPI.
- Pasture, Rangeland and Forage – Pasture, Rangeland and Forage (PRF) crop coverage is available for farmers and ranchers who rely on pasture, rangeland, or forage acreage for haying or grazing to feed their livestock.
- Livestock Risk Protection (LRP) – Livestock Risk Protection is a federally sponsored program that protects the producer in the event of a decline in the markets. LRP can be purchased for fed cattle, feeder cattle, swine, and lamb.
Just like Crop Insurance, LRP provides many benefits for producers and their operation, including:
- Guaranteed Price
- No bid/ask spread
- Limited basis risk coverage
- Any number of head can be covered from one head up to the programs limit
- Coverage can be tailored to account for normal mortality
- Numerous endorsement period options
- Flexibility in allowing unforeseen market conditions
- Target weight range
- Wider range available than Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- LRP is an insurance policy, not a derivative
- Can be purchased from your trusted High Plains Farm Credit agent
- USDA Subsidy
- LRP premium from 20% to 35% based on coverage level
- Payment due at the end of insurance period
- Revision made this year. A benefit to producers by paying premium after the sale.
We work for you! Your best interest is our only focus. Unlike other insurance providers, our licensed agents focus only on crop insurance. Our team is familiar with the diverse crops grown in Kansas to help you choose a crop insurance plan that is right for you. Contact one of our agents today and start experiencing the High Plains difference!